Friday, September 19, 2014

My favorite remedy for a sore throat

 
I posted this originally awhile back, on a day when three people had told me about their sore throats.

It won't be long before sore throats are 'going around' again.

I wanted to pass along my favorite remedy . I have tried lemon, honey, apple cider vinegar, chamomile, echinacea, goldenseal and NUMEROUS other herbs when I have had sore throats ... but I must tell you what works above and beyond anything else I have tried.

CLOVE TEA!!

Colloidal silver spray works also, yet there is some controversy on this supplement which causes me to consider using it on rare occasions only.

Before I continue, I must state that, although I have been studying herbs and alternative medicine for over 20 years as a serious interest - I am not a Doctor. I cannot prescribe anything for anyone. I can only suggest options for your own research, consideration and / or discussion with your medical care provider.

So, now that this is out out the way - let me just say that clove tea is the bomb dot com, honey!

I personally find both ground and whole cloves to be very effective for a sore throat - and so have others I've mentioned it to. You only need a half of a teaspoon or so of cloves for a 6 ounce cup of tea. You can adjust by adding less of the herb, if the strength of the tea is hard to handle for your taste buds.

Whole cloves can be manually ground before use, or simply simmered longer to extract the most from the material. Be sure to strain the tea as much as possible (I use a very fine mesh strainer). Cloves mix well (both medicinally and taste-wise) with cinnamon and ginger and a touch of manuka honey, yet the cloves are the 'magic' ingredient for the fastest relief.

Hope that helps,
Mystikka

*If sore throat persists, please consult with a medical professional